Edward is an experienced, robust and eloquent jury advocate. He has dedicated more than 30 years of his professional career to the criminal justice system. He both prosecutes and defends serious criminal cases on the Western Circuit and nationally. He has additional expertise in matters of animal welfare and agricultural affairs generally. Edward is the epitome of a classic jury advocate who inspires confidence in both his lay and professional clients. His enthusiasm and energetic pursuit of the course of justice is undiminished.
Edward is without doubt an advocate of the classical style who is able to weld the attributes of robustness, subtlety and sensitivity into the finest steel of any crown court barrister and is a senior advocate who can be relied upon in the most difficult and sensitive of cases.
Edward is regulated by the Bar Standards Board.
- R v R (2021) Defence of a man charged with the attempted rape of his cousin.
- R v K (2020) Defence of a student charged with the rape of 2 women in a hotel.
- R v H (2020) Defence of a man charged with wounding with intent.
- R v H (2019) Plymouth Crown Court. Prosecution of a husband who attempted to murder his wife.
- R v D (2016) Defence of a tattoo artist charged with assault by penetration on one of his customers.
- R v A (2015) Prosecution of a mature student charged with sexual activity with a child.
- R v T (2014) Defence of a young man charged with rape, assault by penetration and sexual assault upon 3 different females.
- R v B (2014) Defence of a father charged with historic inter-familial indecent assaults.
- R v F (2014) Defence of a biker lady charged with conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.
- R v C (2011) Defence of a lorry driver charged with causing death by careless driving.